clock watching before the holidays
It’s Friday, and after 5:00 I’ll have almost two weeks of blissfully lovely, slothful holiday. I am so very, very ready for this. AND we had snow yesterday! I am feeling so much better. Plans for the holiday include:
1. Decorating for Christmas this weekend. We’ve been going back and forth about getting the Christmas decorations out, with a lot of discussion about whether it would be more depressing, or theraputic, to decorate (since this is going to be an extremely lean Christmas for us). I think we’ll say to hell with it and drag decorations out tomorrow. We’ll even set up the tree, which we’d been thinking was probably a bad idea due to Cleo the kitten’s propensity to climb everything like a monkey, and bring everything she touches crashing down. But we’ll do it – ornaments be damned. :)
2. Lazing around in my sweats, drinking vodka and pepsi, eating panettone, reading the stacks of books that I have ready for the holidays. Lovely.
3. Playing Warcraft.
4. Playing Fallen Earth if I can ever get the damned install to work.
5. Working on my steampunk girl-explorer kid’s book project.
6. Redoing my portfolio sites in preparation for some serious jobhunting after the holidays.
7. Having some serious cuddle time with my sweetie.
8. Listening to Fairytale of New York another five million times.
9. Wondering where my favourite holiday music has vanished to:
- The Chieftains: Bells of Dublin
- Loreena McKennitt: To Drive the Cold Winter Away
- Venus Envy: I’ll Be a Homo For Christmas
I know that last one seems like an odd choice, but it is a fun and lovely CD. It suits someone who has always felt a bit like the odd one out at Christmas, in a very religious family.
So, I sit here on Friday afternoon, creating custom Magento templates for customers and writing copy about adult toys (I’ve learned a lot about lubricants today – it’s been quite informative), and thinking about Christmas. Happy holidays to you all.